Thursday, January 6, 2011

Best.of.2010 #5 - K.R.I.T. Wuz Here


I’ve already written at length about this album, so I’ll spare you the thesis that Krit is the southern Kanye and how soulful he is. This wound up as my 5th favorite album (mixtape?) on the list because it was the one time this year I’ve put on something new and been blown away by it on first listen. I got that super happy, giddy expression on my face, like an extended ‘oh shit’ moment. There were albums on the honourable mentions list that were probably better, more polished or more funky (read, Big Boi), but it was this project that stuck with me. A raw blueprint of an artist, expressing himself fully to the world and succeeding. I wish him nothing but the best in the future. May he not get left on Def Jam’s shelf.

Big K.R.I.T. - Country Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment