Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dear Jay Electronica,


Dear Jay Electronica
I’m writing this open letter to ask if you can finally post the full video for Dear Moleskine. This is one of my favourite songs of yours, despite the fact that as far as I’m aware, there’s no CDQ floating around the net. I’ve watched the teaser so many times now and I think it’s probably one of the most beautiful and captivating visuals I’ve ever seen for a hip hop song. I just have to see the rest of it.

I know that it’s probably for that multimedia project you’re putting out and I understand that you probably want to keep a lot of that under wraps for now. But seriously, the teaser was posted over a year ago. Its unkind to leave that much of a gap between that and the finished product.

I understand that you’re always going to take a little longer with your work and that’s fine. I don’t care that Act II was meant to come out over 6 months ago because if you don’t think it’s ready or its not the right time, that’s fine. Rappers these days are putting out too much stuff, too quickly, with not enough thought involved, so its good to hear something that has had heart and consideration put into it.

Anyways, just like to say I’m a massive fan. I’ve been hooked since first hearing Act 1 in its entirety and since then, everything you’ve released has impressed. Furthermore, I saw you play live at Bonnaroo this year and I gotta say it was one of the best concerts I’ve seen from any genre, not just hip hop. When everyone went nuts when you did Abracadabra, it was seriously amazing. Plus Gobstopper is my favourite Donut. Good luck with the upcoming album, or mixtape, whether its Act II or not. I’m sure it will be great and I can’t wait to hear it. Give my regards to Erykah, she’s released some awesome music and videos this year.

Sincerely,
72

No comments:

Post a Comment