Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mystikal - Bouncin' Back

So I was checking out Treme today. I'm a big fan of The Wire and as such its my duty to see the new David Simon show. It did not disappoint either. While so far it doesn't seem to have the big over-arching story like The Wire did where each season had the big case to solve and as such I'm wondering what they're going to do for plot, the characters were compelling. And that's the main thing which kept me coming back to The Wire anyways so i can't be mad.

But the main star of Treme is no doubt the music and amongst all the awesome New Orleans music (how long till we see some Weezy?) was this old Mystikal track which absolutely knocks. How I have I not heard this before? Funky as shit, instantly memorable and stands out. Not to mention Mystikal's usual crazy man at the bus stop style of rapping which will always leave me with a smile on my face. Track this one down for sure, and check out Treme.



BONUS :Mystikal - Shake ya ass (Loose Cannons Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment