Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Music Day - Erykah Badu and Madlib




Okay I'm gonna keep this one brief. So much will no doubt be written about Erykah Badu's new album. But let me spoil the ending for you. It's fucking awesome. Its got that much soul to it its not even funny. And she really is a weird lady, Biggie quotes, funk jams, baby making music really. Production from ?uestlove, Dilla and Madlib. What are you waiting on this is a must-cop. Highlights include Window Seat and Turn Me Away (Get Munny) but really the whole album is fantastic.

As this day of music continues, I currently have Madlib's second entry in his Medicine Show series, Flight to Brazil. Its a mix he's done of obscure Brazilian music. Not usually my thing, but I am digging it. Makes me wish i was in Brazil. Or at least that i had some weed. Pretty sweet stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment