Monday, October 18, 2010

Canyons - My Rescue


It takes alot to distract me from constantly geeking out over nothing but Curren$y, Kanye West and Animal Collective, but leave it to my favorite disco-psychedelic outfit, Australia's own Canyons to remind me how out there people can go, just for the hell of it.

My Rescue is a pretty sweet track as is. It plays more to their psychedelic side seen on their Tame Impala remixes than their usual disco fare but its just as good. Summery and getting good rotation on Triple J, its a real winner.

However they had to go and top themselves with a batshit crazy video for it, featuring a hammer-mace wielding barbarian fighting his way through the streets of a modern city. Bravo gentlemen, cudos. You don't see Bag Raiders doing shit like this, that's for sure.

Also, sorry I'd provide an MP3 but there doesn't seem to be one available yet. Just gonna have to wait till November 5th in Australia (a little bit later everywhere else) to cop it I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment